sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS apocalypse mitigation

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS apocalypse mitigation
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 12:39:37 +0100

> On 25 Mar 2018, at 03:37, Phil Pennock <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Disappearance of
> public keyservers would be a major inconvenience, but not a disaster.

Considering that keyservers are currently the only resilient way to distribute
key revocations, I’m not sure I would be so sanguine. If I’m hosting my key
exclusively on WKD or some other web based service, it would be easy to prevent
key revocations from being distributed. Granted, revocation is imperfect at the
best of times. But SKS is the best tool we have at the moment, and the
ecosystem would be severely damaged without it.