Re: [Social-discuss] Features [was Welcome to the proper social-discuss

From: Pieter Colpaert
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 00:33:04 +0200

Hi everyone,

I had some thoughts I wanted to share:

* first of all, we should start from scratch. The only way making
something completely agpl and the way we want it 100% is by doing so. I
remember Matt Lee sharing my opinion, don't know if he still does.

* Graphical user interface and coding are two different things, yet
we're discussing how it should look. We should make clear distinction
between all layers and I suggest this:

I.   The way to store all users' data
II.  a dev-side API to access these data
III. User interfaces implementing this API
        - website
              ° 'user'-side API to write daisycha.in plugins
              ° clear distinction between look and coding
        - phone apps
        - other kind of clients
        - ...

So the first thing imo to think about is "what are we going to
store" (and "how are we going to store it").

In further stages every kind of developer will be able to participate on
to a layer without having to bother about previous or further layers.

* tight integration with identi.ca and libre.fm might be nice

* Don't think as it being an open facebook or an alternative to
facebook. We don't want to be facebook, we want to do our own thing.

For the rest, just think out of the (face)box. We might do greater
things here than anyone has ever done before.

Pieter