Re: [STUMP] Monitor long running tasks in Stumpwm

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Monitor long running tasks in Stumpwm
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 08:54:31 +0400

>The "new" way of getting the word out is to write a module as a
>quicklisp's quickproject package and then advertise a link to it.  Users
>can then obtain their module however you distribute it, and load it
>using (load-module "module-name") in their stumpwmrc. There are lots of
>examples of modules that define new mode-line format strings in the
>contrib repo: https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm-contrib

Isn't it in our current interest to keep modules in stumpwm-contrib
repository, but in separate ASDF systems?

It shows users which modules there are without having to look around,
and it is easier to collect module forks into branches
of stumpwm-contrib this way.

I would even say that creating a lot of small StumpWM modules
as QuickLisp packages is polluting QuickLisp package list…