Catalog of agents

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Catalog of agents
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 12:15:23 -0600

Sven N. Thommesen writes:
 > Which leads me to a suggestion for 'someone' to do:
 >
 > the essence of Swarm modelling is, of course, the behavioral
 > methods of our agents. I'd like to see a web site collect
 > a catalog of different behavioral methods people have used,
 > described in pseudo-code and/or source code. (Similar to
 > Prof. Eckart's collection of CA models.) This would allow
 > others to test out the posted methods, and to critique them.
 > Over time, we might get an idea of which algorithms are
 > useful and which not for given applications.
 >
 > Any takers ?

This is an excellent idea.  Of course, more than just the
agent methods should be described, I would guess.  But,
it might be reasonable to compress the "essence" of a
model with descriptive pseudo-code for the agent types
and their respective methods, and the environment design
and it's respective methods.  The one element left is the
scheduling.

Developing compact descriptions of these three elements
might even help us with the Schedule-language specification
when and if we start working seriously on that.  A language
needs  well-specified data types (agents and environments)
as well as well-specified operator types.

As far as takers for the task.... Brad?

glen