Catalog of agents

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Catalog of agents
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 15:47:39 -0600

At 09:27 AM 4/3/97 -0500, Brian Ruth wrote:

>I'm currently a Swarm user wannabe (I'm waiting for the source+binary
>release for SGIs), but I have looked a bit into modeling crowd behavior.
>Dana Eckart of Radford University and I are currently developing a
>cellular automata model, using his Cellular simulation system (available
>at
>
>       http://rucs2.sunlab.cs.runet.edu/~dana/ca/cellular.html),

Brian,

thanks for that reference to Prof. Eckart's ca stuff.
Very interesting. Worth looking at!

Which leads me to a suggestion for 'someone' to do:

the essence of Swarm modelling is, of course, the behavioral
methods of our agents. I'd like to see a web site collect
a catalog of different behavioral methods people have used,
described in pseudo-code and/or source code. (Similar to
Prof. Eckart's collection of CA models.) This would allow
others to test out the posted methods, and to critique them.
Over time, we might get an idea of which algorithms are
useful and which not for given applications.

Any takers ?

(If none, I may do it myself after random is done ...)

Sven