Re: Simulating Individual Behavior

From: Doug Donalson;
Subject: Re: Simulating Individual Behavior
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 15:33:17 -0700 (PDT)

Amen!

But possibly not as bad as all that, there are top researchers
such as Roger Nisbet and Bill Murdoch at UCSB who see relvance
and need for this type of model.  (Even if Roger and I don't
always agree on all the details.)  My present project is setting
up an individual-based spatially-explicit model to begin to
explore the dynamics of the Red Scale/Aphytis host-parasitoid
system that Bill has been studying for some time.  I was
approched by Bill because he felt that this new method might
be able to shed further light on the mechanisms that lead to
the observed system dynamics.

Now if only we could get the concurrent schedule part of the
SWARM schedule working, oh well ...
(Actually Roger Burkhart is being most helpful!)

Sorry Ginger, I went and contaminated you modeling group
with a tech statement.

Doug Donalson
* Doug Donalson                          * Office: (805) 893-2962         *
* Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology * Home:   (805) 961-4447         *
* UC Santa Barbara                       * email address@hidden
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106                *                                *
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that             *
*   hearlds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but        *
*   "That's funny ...?"                                                   *
*       Isaac Asimov                                                      *