Re: Tutorial App

From: John Eikenberry [MSAI]
Subject: Re: Tutorial App
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 02:17:17 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, glen e. p. ropella wrote:

> I did this as an exercise to familiarize myself with Swarm (I'm new to
> the project, in case nobody noticed [grin]).  And we figured (yes, I'm
> from Texas) it might be a good thing for me to write this with the
> intention of introducing new users into the Swarm environment.  Hence,
> some of the techniques I use to get things done may not be reminiscent
> of the normal demo apps.  But, that's not a bad thing.

Great. I really thought this type of thing was needed. Learning Obj-C
(swarm style) was not the easiest thing, especially for sods like me
whom have done mostly prolog programming over the last year. ;)

> that might flex the machinery available in Swarm.  For instance, Roger
> came up with multiple rooms (MUD-Space, I think he called it [grin])
> where the agents would disappear from one space and move to another.

Roger! Have you any code? This seems like it might be similar to what
I'm working on. I'd love to see how an expert such as yourself implemented
this. BTW, what i am working on is a network simulation, with different
network nodes that are invisible to the other nodes (the end goal is
to simulate a network with a bunch of software agents running around
doing various tasks).

John Eikenberry
address@hidden
 will deserve neither and lose both."