Re: Set_c createEnd problem

From: Sven Thommesen
Subject: Re: Set_c createEnd problem
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 12:07:33 -0600

At 09:45 PM 12/5/96 +1100, address@hidden (Bohdan Durnota) wrote:

>Unfortunately, when I issue a createEnd during create-phase, I
>get a segmentation fault on my Solaris. I would like to know
>if this is a standard problem? OR better, can it be fixed?
>
>BTW, the code is trivial:
>
>       Set_c * aSet;
>
>       aSet = [Set_c createBegin: [self getZone]];
>       [aSet createEnd];
>
>Any suggestion would be appreciated.
>
>Cheers, Bohdan

Bohdan, it is my understanding that for objects that really use the create
phase stuff,
createEnd may return a different object (pointer) than the one handed to it.
If yours is
a case like that, you may need to say

                aSet = [aSet createEnd];

otherwise you are throwing away the returned pointer.

cheers,
Sven