Configure problems with libtclobjc (Redhat 4.0, Tcl 7.5, Tk 4.1)

From: Tony Bigbee
Subject: Configure problems with libtclobjc (Redhat 4.0, Tcl 7.5, Tk 4.1)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 14:24:29 -0500

Having read through Barry McMullin's excellent "How to" of 7 Jan, I'm at
an impasse regarding configuration of libtclobjc.

Specifically, during the configure process, it reaches the point where
it finds tcl.h (which is located in /usr/lib), but is unable to find:

libtcl.a
libtcl7.4.a
libtcl7.5.a

and the same goes for the libtk.a and 4.0.a and 4.1.a

So, checking /usr/lib, I find:

libtclx.a
libtclx.so
libtcl.so
libtcl7.5.so
libtclx.so.75.2

as well as their tk counterparts.

I'm running Linux Redhat 4.0, BLT2.1, Tcl 7.5, Tk 4.1.

I'm consider upgrading (via Redhat's nice RPM program) to Tcl 7.6/Tk 4.2
and following Glen's bug fix instructions post of 11 Feb.  Any
recommendations as how to proceed here?

gracias,
Tony Bigbee