Re: Configure problems with libtclobjc (Redhat 4.0, Tcl 7.5, Tk 4.1)

From: Tony Bigbee
Subject: Re: Configure problems with libtclobjc (Redhat 4.0, Tcl 7.5, Tk 4.1)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 21:02:59 -0500

glen e. p. ropella wrote:

> Did you mean to say the "configure" file in libtclobjc?  I'm not
> sure where one might use libtcl.* in the Makefile.conf.  But,
> it's interesting that it then required autoconf... Hmmm.

Yes.  There are several places where the script looks for litcl.a,
libtk.a, etc.  I tried changing all those to the wildcard extension, but
got the funny autoconf error when I went to make.  My final solution was
to delete everything and untar the libobjc again to start anew.

> I think it would be a good idea.  You can leave it on your website,
> if you want and just pass me a reference.  I can put a link somwhere
> in our pages.  Would you use the Linux HowTo format?

Will do.  It will probably be less formal than Linux HowTos.

> Are they also available for the PowerPC?  Or would one still
> have to patch it to get ObjC working?

Redhat's Linux comes in 3 flavors:  Intel386 (I'm using a Pentium 100),
DEC Alpha, and SPARC.  I would guess that patching is still required.

Tony