Re: Lurker

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: Lurker
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 18:58:53 -0700

Chris Goldspink writes:
 > I am yet another lurker about to come out of the closet!

Allright!

 > I was unable to get to the Swarmfest so I hope it went well! Might see
 > you all next year? (assuming it becomes a regular event).

I think it will be.  May not be here in NM or hosted by SFI; but,
I think there's sufficient interest to get us to next year, at least.

 > became available (anybody else remember those things?). My programming
 > has been restricted to a bit of assembler, Basic, Fortran and Pascal.

Then you have plenty of programming experience.  May I give one
hint, though?  Make sure you give plenty of attention to OO-specific
issues.  There's alot of peculiar things that go on in the name of
OO (not all of them pleasant, in my opinion).

 > for Swarm. You may expect to hear calls for help in the near future as I
 > try to learn Objective C and Swarm in one hit!

That's what we're here for.

 > I would like to see two Swarm mailing lists - one for platform/code
 > issues and the other for modeling theory. I suspect that the lack of
 > theoretical discussion on the current list is due to the high level of
 > traffic on technical issues. I fear any theoretical issues would be
 > lost  and would feel more comfortable with a second list.

Just to let people know, the plea for separate lists hasn't gone
unnoticed.  We are going to split the list pretty soon, probably
before the end of March.  So, please bear with the traffic of
both types for now.

glen