Re: Archive and Binary Swarm distributions: change strategy?

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: Re: Archive and Binary Swarm distributions: change strategy?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 11:19:57 -0500

Is this perhaps the crux of the problem, that Swarm should back up to
using GCC 2.7.2 as a least-common-denominator?  Or if Swarm actually
requires GCC 2.8.x, then say so and require upgrading before installing
Swarm?  Though I understand your suggestion, Paul, I also know how truly
difficult those compiles are.  That's how the current trend got
launched.  Many (most?) potential Swarm users could not pay the door fee
of compiling and configuring the prerequisite software.

You know, much as I might have wished another OS had won the standard,
I'm all for Win32 globalization now.  As an applications programmer, I
think they're all, er, imperfect, and would rather pick One....  Heresy,
I know...

My 2 bits...
        Ginger