Re: win95 installation

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: win95 installation
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 12:33:58 -0700

Kerimcan Ozcan wrote:
>st installed the Win95 version of Swarm. Cygnuwin32 and Swarm both
> reside in my C drive. I followed all the default installation options and
> the process went extremely smoothly. Then I went to the Makefile of
> heatbugs and assigned "SWARMHOME=c:\Swarm\swarm-1.1". Now comes my
> problem. I can't "make" the heatbugs application as it gives me a bunch of
> "no such file or directory" errors. Did I make a mistake or did I forget
> to provide some other crucial setups? Could someone experienced with
> Swarm/win95 illuminate me on the necessary steps to get the canonical apps
> working so that I can be sure the program works on my system just like the
> way it works on Unix machines. Thanks a lot.
>
> Kerimcan

It's possible that the "\" is being read as an escape sequence.
Try changing them to "/".  If that doesn't work, the only advice
I could give is that something's wrong with the cygwin install.

I've had good luck with SWARMHOME=//D/Swarm/swarm-1.1 and
SWARMHOME=d:/Swarm/swarm-1.1, but, I can't get it to work unless
my apps are in the d:/Swarm tree because I get an access violation.

glen
--
Glen E. Ropella                  (505) 424-0448
The Swarm Corporation            address@hidden