Re: win95 installation

From: Kerimcan Ozcan
Subject: Re: win95 installation
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 00:21:46 -0500 (EST)

Hi folks,

Despite numerous attempts I wasn't able to get the heatbugs working. In
fact, I wasn't able to get any swarmapps to run so as to signal me that
win95 version is working fine, even though I didn't run into any problems
in installing and making swarm and heatbugs. Whenever I type in the
executable name (e.g. heatbugs) I get the "command not found" message.
This is really getting quite frustrating. Not knowing whether the program
you install is working at all or not.

So far, there have been many messages on the list asking for help in
installing the win95 version. This clearly suggests that either the
installation file is not standard (in the sense that it should
configure on most typical machines without any further hassle) or the
instructions omit some crucial elements (they maybe pretty obvious to
long-time buffs but not to newbies like myself). Having said that,
could please someone on the list provide me with an idiot-proof "swarm
win95 installation guide for dummies" starting with step one? I would be
truly grateful to the first person who gives me a helping hand in this.
Thanks.

Kerimcan Ozcan
Doctoral Pre-Candidate in Marketing
University of Michigan Business School