Re: What else? emacs and shell

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: What else? emacs and shell
Date: 01 Apr 1998 08:30:14 -0800

>>>>> "D3" == Doug Donalson <address@hidden> writes:

D3> I have emacs now loading _emacs (of course now it
D3> says it can't load vars.e1!)  That is how I know that it is
D3> loading _emacs.

"e1" or "el"?

D3> Last thought, I think emacs started loading _emacs when I removed
D3> my explicit HOME= xxx in emacs.bat and set the default to g:\.
D3> (g: is my swarm drive.)

I found that Win32 Emacs behaves strangely when HOME is set before it
is run.  It seemed the easiest thing was to run it from a more-or-less
empty environment (I start Emacs from the program manager), and then add
HOME in the .bash_login, as the last thing.