Re: needed-software suggestion

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: needed-software suggestion
Date: 01 Apr 1998 08:45:00 -0800

PJ> libFFI is now required (as of Swarm 1-1).  I used version
PJ> 1.17. Isn't that the only one there?

You can also use ffcall-1.3.1 if you have trouble with libffi.
ffcall is a little more portable than libffi.  The `downside' (feh),
is that ffcall is GPLed, not LGPLed.

PJ> Some edition of TCL/TK is required.  If you already have tcl/tk
PJ> 7.5/4.1, I'm sure you can install BLT 2.1, possibly BLT2.3, but
PJ> I'm not sure.

Those should all work, yes.  The only constraint is that if you want
to use Tcl/Tk 8.0, you do need to use BLT8.0-unoff.  For those that
wonder what "unoff" means, it's "unofficial".  The person that originally
developed BLT sort of quit, and there was a fork between 2.1 and 2.3
and 8.0-unoff was the result.  BLT 2.3 is the last version from
the `official' maintainer.