HELP!

From: Doug Donalson
Subject: HELP!
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 16:44:14 -0700

Hive,

   I just installed 1.1 onto a new 400MHz PC and got something I have
never seen before.
Swarm installed just fine, and heatbugs compilled with no errors.  When
I ran heatbugs I got the longest error message I have ever seen.  It
started with some complaint about tcl and sockets and com connections.
I don't have emacs in yet so I can't tell you exactly what it said.  It
then proceded to print a long segment of messages and code fragments
related to tcl hooks, sockets and com connections.  This went on for a
good 2 minutes before it ended.  Then Heatbugs ran fine.  What triggered
this and how can I kill it?  BTW, this is the same install I have done
successfully on 5 other PC's with no problems.

Cheers,

   D3

* Doug Donalson                                          * Office: (805)
893-2962
* Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology   * Home:   (805) 961-4447
* UC Santa Barbara                                      * email
address@hidden
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106                           *

*
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but
*   "That's funny ...?"
*
*       Isaac Asimov
*