Re: swarm-1.2 and Drone

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: swarm-1.2 and Drone
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 09:58:47 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Marcus
   3 questions.
   1. If you were me, how would you go about managing the repetition of a
simulation?  Alex L says recode Swarm as in simpleExperBug. Benedikt says use a
perl script. Rick says use Drone.  The Gecko people say something else.  I wish
you would just tell me what to do!

   2. Concerning little swarmpatches like the one for Arguments.m (which I don't
pretend to understand), I'm wondering if I should be making new rpms for them?
If I use drone, I have to make this change, right?  Do you keep a directory of
patches for swarm 1.3 where I could just grab them now and then and reissue
swarm-1.3 rpms?

   3. I had a bad experience editing text lately and wonder if I solve it by
using TeX.  I wrote a paper in Applixware and used some symbols, like theta and
delta.  Applixware has a html editor and it is supposed to work, but whenever it
found a theta or delta, it just put nothing because apparently html doesn't have
math symbols???  What do scientists do if they have to prepare a document for
distribution in different formats, one of which is HTML?
pj

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> ST> "./heatbugs -b -m Mode1" and "./heatbugs -b --mode=Mode1" also
> ST> fail.
>
> The key for --mode was wrong in parseKey:arg:.
>
> diff -c -r1.23 Arguments.m
> *** Arguments.m       1998/08/21 23:47:00     1.23
> --- Arguments.m       1998/08/26 22:36:20
> ***************
> *** 171,177 ****
>       case 'b':
>         [self setBatchModeFlag: YES];
>         break;
> !     case 'a':
>         [self setAppModeString: getApplicationValue (arg)];
>         break;
>       case 't':
> --- 171,177 ----
>       case 'b':
>         [self setBatchModeFlag: YES];
>         break;
> !     case 'm':
>         [self setAppModeString: getApplicationValue (arg)];
>         break;
>       case 't':

Paul E. Johnson                      address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science           http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
University of Kansas                 Office: (913) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045               FAX: (913) 864-5700