newbie apology and question

From: Joseph & Kathleen Villa
Subject: newbie apology and question
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 23:48:01 -0800

First, sincere apologies for asking such a basic question. Substantial cost
(time and money) were unable to yield an answer so - in desperation - I turn
to you collectively, the experts. Again, apologies for such a dim witted
question:

I've installed Cygnus B19 (in C:\Cygnus\B19) and Swarm (in C:\Swarm-1.3.1)
and usertools successfully and am able to run the demos (heatbug, etc.).
Feeling somewhat giddy, I moved on to the SIMPLEBUG Swarm tutorial. In the
first exercise, SimpleCbug, I've created the main.m and Makefile files
(using P.S.E., as recommended on line). The main.m file is identical to the
one provided on the WWW. My Makefile follows:

== makefile begin ==

SWARMHOME=c:/Swarm-1.3.1
APPLICATION=bug
OBJECTS= main.o
include $(SWARMHOME)/Makefile.appl

main.o: main.m

== makefile end ==

I've place both main.m and Makefile in C:\Swarm-1.3.1. I then launch bash
and, at the address@hidden $ prompt I type make. I receive:

makefile:4: c:/Swarm-1.3.1/Makefile.appl: Permission denied
make: Nothing to be done for 'main.o'.

I'm sure I've done something very basic and very wrong, but O'Reilly &
Associates along with all of the documentation of those who've come before
me have yielded no insight. Does anyone readily recognize the error in my
ways?

Cheers,

Joseph Villa