Re: Strange problems with graph library

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: Strange problems with graph library
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:43:10 -0600

Axel von Kamp wrote:

Dear Axel:

Why not try the easy way out. If you don't want to use the swarm rpm I
compiled, you can always grab the src.rpm and then rebuild for your
specific installation. Since I'm a redhat user, these are designed for
egcs and will take that egcs problem into account.

Life is sweet if you take the swarm-1.4.1.src.rpm and
   rpm -ivh swarm-1.4.1.src.rpm
   cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
        rpm -ba swarm.spec  (or whatever the spec file is)

The beauty of this is that you can then install the rpm from
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 and, if it does not work for you, just use rpm
-e to remove it.  No fuss, no muss.

If you want to, you can edit the swarm.spec file and change the prefix
variable to install somewhere else.

I know some people like the debian package manager better, but I've
become comfortable with RPM and think it works pretty nicely.

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn