Re: Suse 6.1 and Swarm - easier than it seems

From: Jan Kreft
Subject: Re: Suse 6.1 and Swarm - easier than it seems
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:30:06 +0100 (BST)

Benedikt,

you're absolutely right that it can be easy to use Swarm on SuSE, either
use rpms or recompile, which is not difficult. But, I had to get rid of a
bug somewhere in the toolchain, and the problem was to track it down. I
may have made 20 installs with different combinations of the packages,
that was taking time. In the end, it was most likely a bug in BLT, and I
had to upgrade. As I never had problems with running heatbugs or other
testcases, it may very well be that most people can live happily with the
BLT etc. as provided, after all, I did so until recently.

Best, Jan.