BatchRaster movies updated in /pub/swarm/users-contrib/incoming

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: BatchRaster movies updated in /pub/swarm/users-contrib/incoming
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:53:14 -0500

I got serious this morning about making raster snaps in batch mode. The
results of my labor are in a file called BatchRaster-990811.tar.gz.
Here is the updated part of READ.ME (which still includes Benedikt and
Nelson's words too):

Paul Johnson: Lawrence,Ks, August 8, 1999
Here are slight updates to the BatchColormap and BatchRaster classes
to make them work with swarm-1.4.1. The original heavy lifting was
done by Benedikt and Nelson in 1997, I've only modernized and figured
how to make them work with my exercise.  There were some slight changes
in the includes.  The most significant change was that the previous
drawPointX:Y: method of BatchRaster had to be renamed as
drawRasterPointX:Y: to avoid a conflict with a method in the Swarm
distribution.

I've enclosed in the tarball a copy of working versions of
BatchSwarm.[hm] because I thought figuring what was necessary and
what was not was most of the trouble.  These are not tidy files,
some commented out stuff sits there to remind me of the changes.

Note well this class does not work with rasters that have pixmaps.
It can only save dots, as in heatbug rasters and such.

Note in addition I'm distributing the perl script Benedikt prepared
to convert ppm files to gif.  In my experience, this script
does not completely preserve file names, so be cautious.

Very soon on my Web site there will be a copy of a complete working
application that creates BatchRaster movies.

If after August 12, 1999 you don't find it here
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm
with a name like
"WorkingBatchRasterMovieExample.tar.gz" email me a reminder.

pj (address@hidden)

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn