Re: initSwarm error?

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: initSwarm error?
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:27:44 -0400 (EDT)

Could this be because of the change in .swarmArchive format
that was introduced in some version change (I can't recall which)?
If you run *any* model compiled at or after that version,
and do a save on it, it creates a .swarmArchive file
that has a format that is not readable by earlier versions,
and in fact causes them to crash.
I think if you do the opposite (eg save under an earlier version,
then run a later version), it also causes the crash,
at initSwarm time, because that is when it reads the
.swarmArchiver file.

I believe you don't have to be running the same model
compiled under the different versions....they all read
the same .swarmArchiver file and have the same problem.

It might be nice to put into future swarms a more
graceful detection of the wrong format...

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html