Re: swarm and database

From: Rohan Oberoi
Subject: Re: swarm and database
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:22:12 +0000

If you want open source, there's Postgresql at

"http://www.postgresql.org";

Or if you just want a free-of-charge database (on Linux only), the most
full-featured one available is undoubtedly Sybase 11.0.3.3, which is "a
free, unsupported release for development as well as deployment" and is
distributed as an RPM.  (This is an older version; their latest is 11.9.2).

"http://www.sybase.com/products/databaseservers/linux/index.html";

Regards,
Rohan.

At 08:52 AM 12/14/99 -0700, Alex Lancaster wrote:
>GR> Is there a candidate freeware SQL database out there?
>
>MySQL is not bad.  I've used it in the past, it's not "free" in the
>GNU-sense of "freely re-distributable", but you can get the source,
>and it's supported on a myriad of GNU/Linux and Win32 systems.
>
>MySQL is not distributed under GPL, but looking at their webpage, I
>see that they have an older release of MySQL under GPL.  There is
>also something about a MySQL Free Public License (FPL), but it could
>be yet another open-source snake-oil salesman license (like Sun's
>"community" license).

                                   ===
                                  (0 0)
                       +----oOO----(_)-----------+