Re: swarm and database

From: Juan A Rodriguez
Subject: Re: swarm and database
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:06:25 -0500

>JR> Selector (Class.forName("Agent"),"idHandleEvent", true),a,b);

>One problem is that this should be "false". ----------^^^^
>Only when the object in question is a Swarm object should "true" be used.
>There should really be an automatic alternative constructor...

You're right. I've changed that but I still get the same exception.
I don't know whether the following is wrong:

idHandleEvent is defined as public Object idHandleEvent(Object event, Object
time)

in order to create the action for the schedule the variables a,b above are
defined as references to an Integer and Long object respectively.

Integer i = new Integer(eventType);
Long l = new Long(time)
a = i;
b = l;

But the general question is how I must set the arguments when creating an
action for a method within a schedule when such method's signature contains
arguments.

>Btw, there's a new interface in the snapshots for handling typed argument
>lists, but it sounds like you're doing ok with the primitive class
>wrappers. (?)

Where can I get that?
Thanks.

Juan.