Re: Forward: Swarm won't work on windows NT because of path problem

From: Mike Gallagher
Subject: Re: Forward: Swarm won't work on windows NT because of path problem
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:08:53 -0700

See notes at end please...

Mike Gallagher wrote:

> > MD>  How about from "type sed"?
> >
> > MG> sed is /admin/utilities/unixdos//sed
> >
> > The visible version of sed should be
> > Cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\sed.exe.
>
> Then I guess I will have to change the order in my PATH variable so
> Cygnus is looked at first for the unix-like utilities. I currently am
> using unixdos for them. Does that sound correct for the change?
>
> Mike G.

O.K. I changes the PATH as described above. then ran the "make" in
heatbugs.
The following is the output messages:
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror
-DAPPNAME=heatbugs -DAPPVERSION=2.0.1 address@hidden
-DDLL -I//f/swarm/include Heatbug.m
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror
-DAPPNAME=heatbugs -DAPPVERSION=2.0.1 address@hidden
-DDLL -I//f/swarm/include HeatSpace.m
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror
-DAPPNAME=heatbugs -DAPPVERSION=2.0.1 address@hidden
-DDLL -I//f/swarm/include main.m
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror
-DAPPNAME=heatbugs -DAPPVERSION=2.0.1 address@hidden
-DDLL -I//f/swarm/include HeatbugModelSwarm.m
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror
-DAPPNAME=heatbugs -DAPPVERSION=2.0.1 address@hidden
-DDLL -I//f/swarm/include HeatbugObserverSwarm.m
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror
-DAPPNAME=heatbugs -DAPPVERSION=2.0.1 address@hidden
-DDLL -I//f/swarm/include HeatbugBatchSwarm.m
/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/sh.exe //f/swarm/bin/libtool-swarm --mode
link gcc -g -O2 -L//f/swarm/lib -rpath //f/swarm/lib  -o heatbugs.exe
Heatbug.o HeatSpace.o main.o HeatbugModelSwarm.o HeatbugObserverSwarm.o
HeatbugBatchSwarm.o  -lswarmdll -lobjcdll
gcc -g -O2 -o heatbugs.exe Heatbug.o HeatSpace.o main.o
HeatbugModelSwarm.o HeatbugObserverSwarm.o HeatbugBatchSwarm.o
-L//f/swarm/lib -lswarmdll -lobjcdll -Wl,--rpath -Wl,//f/swarm/lib
-Wl,--rpath -Wl,//f/swarm/lib

I have attached a zipped version of the heatbugs.exe that was created.

When I type "heatbugs" in the swarm terminal, nothing happens. Based on
the README, I expect to see the cursor runing around the terminal screen
in a somewhat random fashion.
Also, now the "more" command as in "more filename" does nothing but hang
the terminal. Are other unix commands supposed to work in the SWARM
terminal window?

Thanks,

Mike G.