Re: Bad news on the scheduling front

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Bad news on the scheduling front
Date: 25 Mar 2000 15:03:20 -0800

>>>>> "D3" == Doug Donalson <address@hidden> writes:

D3> The fix you put in seems to have fixed the memory problem.
D3> However, it seems to have caused (or uncovered?) another one.  One
D3> of the events that I schedule never gets executed.  The output
D3> from the test program I sent you should have increased to 1000
D3> individuals.  As you saw, it decreases exponentially to zero.

Turns out I debugged the leak without your program, since it was more
work for me to understand the dynamics than it was to scrutinize the
Swarm code.

D3> I will also try to add a description to save you some time.

If it isn't possible to craft a bug report to reproduce the problem, that
would certainly help.