jdk1.3 (was Re: ObjC-java error)

From: Nick Collier
Subject: jdk1.3 (was Re: ObjC-java error)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:29:28 -0600

I've used jdk1.3 with RePast and the client version of hotspot does
speed up the display. Batch non-gui jobs ran a bit slower though (I
would think however, if I'd ran the batch job longer I would see a
speed-up given the nature of hotspot). I can't find the notes I made
when I did this, so I can't, unfortunately, be more specific. I did see
some strange gui problems with jdk1.3rc1 when drawing nodes, links, and
text though. None of these problems occur with jdk1.2.2.

my 2 cents,

Nick

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> SU> One of the reasons I was trying to use the jdk was to move to jdk1.3
>
> Fwiw, a while ago, I used jdk1.3 on sparc-sun-solaris2.7, but never on
> Windows.  I can't think of a reason javaswarm.dll would break,
> +/- CLASSPATH/PATH or jdkswarm changes..

Nick Collier
Social Science Research Computing
University of Chicago
http://repast.sourceforge.net