RE: java books

From: Gary McBryde
Subject: RE: java books
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:33:30 -0500

> Do any of you have suggestions for recent books on
> java, books for complete programming novices and/or
> for people who are programmers but don't know java.
> As you might suspect, I'm most interested in books
> that would be most useful for building swarm-based
> models using java (including graphical displays).

I have been flipping through "Learning Java" by Patrick Niemeyer and
Jonathan Knudsen, publ. by O'Reilly, more info at:
www.oreilly.com/catalog/learnjava. It has been helpful. My choice included
sifting out two other books which were disappointing, don't have their names
now. Gary

Gary McBryde
Ag.Economics, Kleberg Ag.Bldg. MSC 168
Texas A&M University-Kingsville