Re: java books

From: Miles Parker
Subject: Re: java books
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:20:09 -0400

By far my favorite is Flanagan's Java in a Nutshell, I took a look at the
newest version recently, and while the older versions generally took the
perspective of introducing Java to C programmers, the new one is much more
comprehensive. Also, they have removed the JFC stuff to a separate volume,
which makes sense.

Other than that, (with perhaps a good graphics reference like JFC in a
nutshell) you're really just as good relying on the web for other
information, esp. tutorial style stuff. Sun has a lot of resources, for
instance.

-Miles

Miles T. Parker
Software Engineer
The Brookings Institution  1775 Mass. Ave. NW  Washington, DC  20036
http://www.brook.edu/es/dynamics/models/ascape
mailto:address@hidden  voice 202.797.6136  fax 202.797.6319