Re: Swarm on MacOS X status?

From: Jacobo Myerston
Subject: Re: Swarm on MacOS X status?
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 20:50:16 -0400

Hi,

I think it could be nice to have a xfree86 version of swarm 2.2 for OSX. At the moment I have successful compile gcc3.1, tlctk and hdf5, but I have still problems with blt.

cc -Wall -O6   -I. -I.  -I/sw/include -I/usr/X11R6/include  -o bltwish \
./bltUnixMain.c libBLT.a -L/Volumes/burbujas/src/tcltk-8.3.3-5/tk8.3.3/unix -ltk8.3 -L/Volumes/burbujas/src/tcltk-8.3.3-5/tcl8.3.3/unix -ltcl8.3 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lm
cc: unrecognized option `-O6'
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -ltk8.3
make[1]: *** [bltwish] Error 1

I was also looking in the aqua port of TclTk, and it seem to me that it is no yet completed, some files are missing, for example tkConfig.sh.

I'm just waiting for the avcall patch and for some instructions how to build blt.

Alessandro, how did you compile  blt  ?