Re: Swarm on MacOS X status?

From: W . Northcott
Subject: Re: Swarm on MacOS X status?
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 19:52:51 +1000

Perrone wrote:
>a Macintosh (a Wall Street and a iMac. I tried to compile Swarm, but
>I had saome problems with avcall libraries.

You are miles ahead of me.  I still don't have a working gcc 3.1 compiler.
 What date was your source code?

I have lost a couple of weeks because I had a successful compile back in
November, which I installed. However, I then installed fink which stuffed
it big time and left me with no working compiler.  I also had a hardware
problem with the BlueChip upgrade for the 233MHz Wall Street.  That has
gone back on an RMA, but now the computer is frighteningly slow.

>All the other needed SW were ok. I installed the Xfree too without
problems.

I was hoping to make it work with the Aqua port of Tcl/TK 8.4a4.

It would be good to have benefit of anything you have learned along the
way.

I have also posted this on the swarm-development list.

Regards
Bill Northcott