Re: seg-faults on the road

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: seg-faults on the road
Date: 19 Dec 2001 11:55:04 -0700

DK> _c_initSwarm_version_bugAddress_argCount_args. (which is in
DK> /usr/lib/swarm/libswarm.so why could that be ?

Do you have the attached patch applied to GCC?  One thing this patch does is
to export Objective C method implementations so that stubs (in COM and
Java) can refer to them directly when it makes sense to do that.
(Avoiding the message lookup at runtime improves performance.)

If you don't have the patch installed, a workaround is to edit
create-dispatch-hash-table in etc/interface.el.  Comment out the
load-dispatch-hash-table line.  But, since both will involve a fair amount
of compile time, I suggest doing the GCC patch and rebuilding Swarm.
The patch fixes a few other problems too...