Re: simpleSwarmBug3 and simpleObserverBug

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: simpleSwarmBug3 and simpleObserverBug
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:12:48 -0600

Petros Petrou wrote:
Hi,

(I already sent this message to swarm Announce but then I realized that I should have sent it to swarm Support. I apologize for this and I hope I haven't created any confusion.)

I am a java programmer (and a begginer with swarm) and I am currently working on research project related to swarm libraries. The first part of my project is to translate the Bug tutorials from Objective C to Java. I did this for the first 5 tutorials but I am now facing few problems that I don't know how to approach them. (The OS I am working with is Redhat 7.1 and the java compiler is the jdk1.3.1_02)

I don't want to go into the details of your questions, but did you know that Charles Staelin did most of this exercise of translating the tutorial into java and there are a few others in the list who have worked on that? Maybe his work will answer some of your questions:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/OtherPeoplesCode/CharlesJavaTutorial.ZIP

Alex Lancaster set up a CVS archive on Sourceforge for it, and I know we were trowling around to see who wanted to pitch in. But I can't say I've tracked any of the work and when this came up I had almost no interest in Java.