Re: Linux to MacOSX port effort.

From: Perrone Alessandro
Subject: Re: Linux to MacOSX port effort.
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:59:09 +0200

Hi
  1) seems to be thoroughly beaten, the cvs sources will compile almost
every time.  The resulting compiler works nicely with Project Builder.
Apple have just released a version (tag gcc3-1041) on the April 2002
Developer Tools as a beta of the next shipping compiler (Jaguar?).

I'll download all the image tomorrow in the university. I hope Apple has compiled the objc-gcc and not the objc-next compiler.

  2) and 4)With some considerable assistance from Jim Ingham at Apple, I
have got the Aqua port of Tcl/Tk to compile (with gcc 3.1) in such a way
as it should be usable to compile BLT.  These are Frameworks with Project
Builder builds.
I think I now understand enough to get BLT2.4x to at least compile within
a matter of days.  Bugs are another matter.
Hopefully this should remove the need for the X-windows installation.

very good. Please, could  you send me the files?

So what progress has been made by others out there on the needed libraries
and even compiling the Swarm libraries?
all the other "needed" libraries runs ok on  my osxbox.
If anyone is interested, I could write a web page in which insert all the stuff to compile Swarm on MacOsX. This could be a good starting point.
regards.
                                ALEX