Re: Linux to MacOSX port effort.

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: Linux to MacOSX port effort.
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:51:05 -0700

I've been using the stock cc and have been able to compile the misc directory and part of defobj so far. Is there a specific reason why the new gcc needs to be used?

I'm taking a slightly different approach then maybe others, I'm using Apple's ProjectBuilder instead of the GNU configure/make sequence. I will deal with configure changes after I get a better handle what source code changes are required.

One problem is Apple's preprocessor, I've had to specify -traditional-cpp so that it uses the GNU cpp. The other issue are the two objc runtimes; I'm not sure how practical using the GNU runtime will be on OSX except for a purely X approach. I'm still getting familiar with the guts of Swarm source code so that I can add code to use Apple's runtime.

cheers
Scott

On Wednesday, April 24, 2002, at 01:42 PM, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

"WN" == W Northcott <address@hidden> writes:

WN>   1) seems to be thoroughly beaten, the cvs sources will compile
WN> almost every time.

Now if they would just work..

/src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/DefObject.m: In function `store_object':
/src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/DefObject.m:1062: internal error: Bus error
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for instructions.
make[4]: *** [DefObject.lo] Error 1