RE: Problems installing Swarm 2.2

From: B . Amelung
Subject: RE: Problems installing Swarm 2.2
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:21:52 +0200

Paul Johnson wrote:

Windows has a control panel, with an add/remove programs icon. I intend you
to go here to remove swarm-2.1.1
Install the new cygwin toolkit, make sure it runs. Open a cygwin
terminal, type mount, make sure it looks proper, verify that / is
pointing to the directory where you install cygwin. It defaults to
c:\cygwin.
(..)
Untar the swarm-2.2.
(..)
On your system, find out how to edit the PATH.
(..)
mkdir /Swarm-2.2
mount c:\\Swarm-2.2 /Swarm-2.2

Thanks! I think that worked. Mount gives this result:
C:\cygwin\\bin on /usr/bin type user (binmode)
C:\cygwin\\lib on /usr/lib type user (binmode)
c:\Swarm-2.2 on /Swarm-2.2 type user (textmode)
C:\cygwin on / type user (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (binmode,noumount)

I also added C:\Swarm-2.2\bin to the front of the PATH.

I succesfully compiled SimpleCBug, using jdkcswarm. When I run jdkswarm
StartSimpleBug, I get the same error that I got from Swarm 2.1.1:

Apparently some library things are missing from javaswarm.dll:
Exception caught C:\Swarm-2.2\bin\javaswarm.dll: Can't find one of the
library files for this application (last bit translated from Dutch)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createBegin
        at swarm.SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin(Native Method)
        at swarm.Globals.<clinit>(Globals.java:25)
        at StartSimpleBug.main(StartSimpleBug.java:10)

By the way, when I run javaswarm.dll by itself, I get an error:
Can't find CYGTLCL80.DLL

The terminal says:
BASH: /Swarm-2.2/BIN/javaswarm.dll: Permission denied

I checked if I could find CYGTLCL80.DLL in some other place, but it is not
on my computer.

Any suggestions?

Bas Amelung