Re: [Swarm-Support] UnsatisfiedLink exception in Cygwin/winXP

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] UnsatisfiedLink exception in Cygwin/winXP
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 20:32:41 -0600

Is there any chance you were not signed on as the administrator when you tried to install the tcltk package? I've noticed this week the cygwin installs fail silently if you try to do something for which you don't have permission.

Otto Cordero wrote:
Dear List,

I have installed the the windows binaries with cygwin in my windows
partition. I also installed the tcl/tk libraries posted by Paul Johnson.
However, cygwin tells me that the cygtcl80.dll library can't be found,
despite they are in /usr/bin. When I do "ls" in /usr/bin I get the list of
files in /bin, and none of the tcl/tk libraries installed in that directory.
So it seems cygwin can't find the files in the /usr/bin dir. and that's why
the dlls are not found.
If anyone of you is experienced with cygwin, please give me a hand with
this. I did the same installation in other winXP system, and it worked okay
(the ls command returned the files in /bin plus the libraries in /usr/bin)

Thanks,

Otto.