Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm not work

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm not work
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 03:29:29 -0800

PJ> Yes, I agree, and the blame all lies at the Sun company. every
PJ> time they come out with a minor release, they rename the directory
PJ> structure, so the RPM has to be rebuilt for every specific version
PJ> of their package.

Paul,

Have you compiled Swarm using gcj (part of gcc) rather than Sun's
proprietary JDK?  I thought Marcus had tested this as part of the 2.2
release.  It would make Swarm RPM packaging under Fedora/Red Hat much
easier to rely on the gcj packages available in every gcc release and
I believe there is gcc4 package distributed with FC3.  (Not to mention
not having to rely on proprietary software).

Alex
--
      Alex Lancaster |  Swarm Development Group  |  http://www.swarm.org