Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm not work

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm not work
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:59:55 -0600

# which javacswarm

will show you which javacswarm your system is finding.

I'm ready to guarantee that is not the one from my rpm, because the one from the rpm has this at the top:
#!/bin/sh

swarm_prefix="/usr"
_JAVACLASSES='/usr/java/jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/rt.jar'

Note there is no kaffe in there. Is it possible that in the past you made a copy of javacswarm and put it in your $HOME/bin directory?

Now, you can try to edit that file and fix it by putting in the right path

# emacs `which javacswarm`

will edit that file.

But I don't think you need to. And I don't know how to, because I have not done it.

I would say you must find out where your bogus javacswarm comes from, move it out of the way.

pj

Li An wrote:
I have successfully installed jdk-1_5_0-linux-i586.rpm. Still have the
same problem. Below are my replies.

So maybe you have a different javacswarm?

--I do not know.

You have one left over from Swarm-2.1, for example??

--not likely. The old linux partition was reformatted and old things
were gone.

Look in the javacswarm file you refer to where it is trying to use the kaffe javac command. I don't know why it is doing that. change that path to point at your jdk version from Sun.

--How to change the path?

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504