[Swarm-Support] Eclipse SDK , Environment Settings

From: Paul Thomson
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Eclipse SDK , Environment Settings
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:42:06 +1200

Hi all !

Firstly can someone please tell me whether it is ok to attach screenshots etc to this mailing group?

I am currently having trouble getting Java swarm (Latest version) to run within Eclipse SDK, Version: 3.1.2 under XP Pro SP2. I am familiar with Eclipse but choose to follow the "How to Set Up Java Swarm in Eclipse" by Lytinen and Railsback. I am attempting to run the first version of stupidmodel which i downloaded from http://condor.depaul.edu/~slytinen/abm/StupidModel/.

I followed all instructions sucessfully all the way to 4/IV, but when i ran the StartStupidModel.java i had a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library pop up --

"Runtime error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\javaw.exe

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information"

I then get the error in the eclipse console "error: TkExtra (instance)"

I have no errors registered within the 4 classes so i suspect that i am missing something. I am a java and php developer so am i missing something to do with C? Also, at the first part of the tutorial, it states that i should have windows environment varible's SWARMHOME and PATH. I did not have path by default so i looked through the achieves and found that it is suggested to use the same as SWARMHOME? I set these variables up as follows:

PATH --> C:\Swarm-2.2-java\bin
SWARMHOME --> C:\Swarm-2.2-java\bin

I additionally attempted to run heatbugs but after importing all files and fixing the package errors, eclipse came up with a 'constructor undefined' error on the statement "new FArgumentsImpl (this, sel, true)" within the buildactions constructor of the HeatBugsModelSwarm.java class.

Can anyone please help me ?

Paul Thomson
New Zealand