Re: [Swarm-Support] x86_64 and message forwarding

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] x86_64 and message forwarding
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:59:56 -0600

Bill Northcott wrote:
I have found that they have been responsive to fixing behaviour in their compiler which differs from that of the FSF one. So it is worth testing and filing bugs if we find it does not work.
I just tried compiling that test case with -fgnu-runtime on a Mac Pro, but apparently they don't provide the GNU runtime by default. For the native runtime, I see no directly equivalent interface to the sel_get_type so I think it's likely that alternative call dissection code will be needed in DefObject.m instead of the mframe_* calls. It's simple usage in Swarm, and should be easy to augment/replace once a workable alternative is identified...

Marcus