Re: [Swarm-Support] development priorities (was Re: Membership in Swarm

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] development priorities (was Re: Membership in Swarm Developmen Group)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 21:36:34 -0700

glen e. p. ropella wrote:
I think the right path is to completely rewrite Swarm on commodity
technology.
[..]
"Updating" and "reimplementing" Swarm as it is just tosses more money
down into a cavernous money-pit.
Swarm must either find the courage to do something specific, new, and radical (i.e. and potentially not stick with commodity technology), or to honestly just focus on providing slow improvements continuity for users (a number of them credible and productive). Neither goals are objectively wrong, and both are arguably not relevant in light of successful user-oriented products like NetLogo and ambitious designs like IMA. What is your specific, new, and radical idea?

Most importantly, I think it should be designed as a typical open-source
project where code is developed on a volunteer basis
Great, lead the way! Throw off the chains of outdated and over-engineered Swarm and show us your new code! Or, lip service is fine too, if that's easier... :-)