Re: [Swarm-Support] development priorities (was Re: Membership in Swarm

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] development priorities (was Re: Membership in Swarm Developmen Group)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:56:46 -0700

glen e. p. ropella wrote:

That way you're not doing all the
work yourself and you see a higher ROI.
[,,]
In fact, one of the early ideas that we never pursued was to
integrate generic search tools for characterizing and searching behavior
spaces.  JJ Merelo developed a GA tool for that specific type of search
and Rob Keweley implemented something a little more generic; but, those
were two particulars in a class of search related methods.
Optimization is well-covered by packages like R (http://www.r-project.org). Better, I think, to make a simulator (or whatever a next generation ABM tool is thought to be), embeddable in a clean way in popular analytical packages. One part of that is avoiding gruesomely-slow I/O of large time series files, etc.