Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm on Leopard

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm on Leopard
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 06:58:15 -0600

Gary Polhill wrote:
2. I needed to configure Swarm using --with-tcl=/usr/local/lib
--with-tk=/usr/local/lib --with-tclinclude=/usr/local/include
--with-tkinclude=/usr/local/include --with-x to stop Swarm using the built-in
tcl/tk libraries. If I didn't use the ones I compiled for myself in /usr/local,
the -B argument thing didn't solve the problem, even when hardcoded in and not
using $top_srcdir.
For me the symptom of that was bus error, I assumed just because the ABIs if Tcl/Tk/BLT were out of sync. (I didn't investigate.) I built those from source and didn't try to use system installs or Fink binaries, etc.
Marcus