Re: [Swarm-Support] Compiling Swarm on OS X

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Compiling Swarm on OS X
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 15:40:02 +1100

Hi Colin

Don't muck with DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.  It should usually be undefined.  Darwin is
NOT Linux.

On Darwin Mac OS all libraries and executables hard code the full paths of the
libraries to which they are linked.  Try:
otool -L /usr/local/lib/libdefobj.4.dylib

You probably linked to /usr/opt/lib but because you messed with
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH it is dynamically linking to the first location on that path.
 Hence the error.

If you put entries in DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH it will only cause trouble.  It is only
meant to be used by Xcode to run programs when libraries are not yet installed.

Bill