Re: [Swarm-Support] OSX LION INSTALLATION

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] OSX LION INSTALLATION
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:14:06 -0600

On 12/14/2011 04:41 PM, FRANCISCO SALGADO CERREDELO wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have collected almost all documentation around on Swarm and still don't
> know whether it is possible to install swarm without the rossetta translation
> libs. I mean, a native intel install on OSX. This is because I already
> upgraded to OSX 10.7 Lion and in that version Rosetta is discarded.
>
> So, I'm wondering if  using 2.4.1 version of Swarm can go directly to intel
> code.
> My alternatives are using virtual machines of OSX 10.6.8  or virtual machines
> of a Linux distro ( Have several, including Ubuntu 64, Fedora 64, Mandrivia,
> Open Suse, etc, using Vmware Fusion and my mac.
> My preference goes to OSX since I already have some knowledge of Xcode.
>
> I asking you, then, if it is productive to spend my time trying on Xcode 4.1
> and Lion or  shall I go to a virtual installation as described above.
>
> Thanks

Dear Fran:

I'm sorry I don't know anything about lions or bears.

If you decide to go the Linux route, I can make sure you have working packages
for Fedora or Ubuntu. Depending on what
edition you have, I may not currently have packages, but if you decide you need
them, I will--like you--install some
virtual machines and make them.

Just post here again when you decide on what you will do, and I will look into
getting that system set up here.

pj