Re: [Swftools-common] animated Gifs and artifacts

From: erixtekila
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] animated Gifs and artifacts
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 02:04:42 +0100

Would you please put the example files again?
I'm going to fix a bug that causes artifacts to appear in this weekend if I can reproduce it(OSX 10.4.3/libungif 1.4.0final3).

Sorry, correct urls are :
http://www.v-i-a.net/download/swftools/angry.swf
http://www.v-i-a.net/download/swftools/angry.gif

But I think I've found the issue.
I think it's a matter of compressed files that libungif doesn't handle.

If you decompress the gif, gif2swf seems to works perfectly.

There is a commandline tool to decompress the gif : gifsicle
http://www.lcdf.org/gifsicle/

Hi,

I didn't achieve to find the issue.
Did you ?

I think it a problem with certain optimized animated GIF file that get that option :
--disposal method
Set the disposal method for the following frames to method. Method can be a number between 0 and 7 (although only 0 through 3 are generally meaningful), or one of these names: none, asis, background (or bg), previous. --no-disposal means --disposal=none.

--logical-screen widthxheight
Set the output logical screen to widthxheight. --no-logical-screen sets the output logical screen to the size of the largest output frame, while --same-logical-screen sets the output logical screen to the largest input logical screen. --screen is a synonym for --logical-screen.

It appears when using gifsicle to get infos of the gif files.

Did you succeed ?
Thanks.
erixtekila
http://blog.v-i-a.net/