Re: [Swftools-common] animated Gifs and artifacts

From: Daichi Shinozaki
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] animated Gifs and artifacts
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 03:19:41 +0900

Hi,

erixtekila wrote:

But I think I've found the issue.
I think it's a matter of compressed files that libungif doesn't handle.

If you decompress the gif, gif2swf seems to works perfectly.

There is a commandline tool to decompress the gif : gifsicle
http://www.lcdf.org/gifsicle/

Hi,

I didn't achieve to find the issue.
Did you ?

Yes, well, it's a bug of the gif2swf.

The bug almost fixed, the next snapshot of the gif2swf
will work without producing any artifacts.

Thank you for the report.

I think it a problem with certain optimized animated GIF file that get that option :
--disposal method
Set the disposal method for the following frames to method. Method can be a number between 0 and 7 (although only 0 through 3 are generally meaningful), or one of these names: none, asis, background (or bg), previous. --no-disposal means --disposal=none.

--logical-screen widthxheight
Set the output logical screen to widthxheight. --no-logical-screen sets the output logical screen to the size of the largest output frame, while --same-logical-screen sets the output logical screen to the largest input logical screen. --screen is a synonym for --logical-screen.

It appears when using gifsicle to get infos of the gif files.

Thank you for the informations,it helps debugging!

Regards,

--
Daichi Shinozaki
SHIELD.JP Admin