Re: [Swftools-common] wrong audio extraction

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] wrong audio extraction
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:31:57 +0200

Matthias Kramm wrote:
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 02:37:47PM +0200, Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden>
wrote:
$ swfextract -m free_culture.swf
ERROR   Soundstream is not mp3 (2)

Many thanks for the reply, Matthias.

Shouldn't this error warning be an bug? (Either the soundstream is mp3 and should be extracted or the soundstream is not the main one, and then another error should appear.)

swfdump describes it as an mp3 stream:

[00e]   7600388 DEFINESOUND defines id 0036 (MP3 22Khz 16Bit mono)
[038]        18 EXPORTASSETS
                exports 0036 as "Lessig_32.mp3"

although extracting ID 36 from that file gives an mp3 file named 'output.swf'.

Please try using "-s" instead of "-i".

I forgot that. Thanks for the tip.

If you allow me to suggest a couple of improvements for swfextract, I think that the output file names should be named according their original names. And it would be useful to prompt the user before saving a file when overwriting another one using the same name.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo